Better Food For Kids
Every parent understands the importance of providing their children with nutritious, well-balance meals. But that's just part of what kids need to grow up strong and healthy. Between the ages of 2 and 6, children develop many of the attitudes to eating, nutrition and lifestyle that will carry through to their adult lives.
As a parent, there may never be a time when you have a greater influence on your child's future well being.
And that's why you need Better Food for Kids. This comprehensive guide provides over 100 pages of age-specific nutritional information, as well as 150 recipes that are specially designed to appeal to young appetites -- although parents will love them too!
Here you'll find useful answers to the questions most parents have about feeding young children, including:
- What vitamins and minerals are most important?
- Is a vegetarian diet healthy for a child?
- How much milk is good for children? What about juice?
- What are the signs of food allergy?
- Are organic foods safer or more nutritious than conventional types?
- Should overweight children be put on a "diet"?
- Do daycare or school meals provide adequate nutrition?
- What's the best way to encourage physical activity in children?
Written by the same authors as the bestselling Better Baby Food, Better Food for Kids has also been developed with the world-renowned Hospital for Sick Children, so you can be sure that it provides the most expert, up-to-date information available.
Of course, being knowledgeable about healthy food is one thing, preparing it is another. In this book you'll find recipes for everything from speedy breakfasts to hearty dinners. And just in case your kids think that nutritious food isn't fun to eat, just wait until they try the snacks and dessert recipes!
For professional advice and great-tasting recipes, Better Food for Kids is a resource you'll use every day.