Canada Close Up: Canadian Money
Everything kids need to know about money.
Money. We use it every day. But why do we need it? How do we make it? And where did it come from?
In Canadian Money, simple concepts about the use of currency are explored - from early days of bartering to today's Royal Canadian Mint coins and Bank of Canada notes. Included in this informative book are chapters on:
- how and when the world began using money t
- the money used by First Nations people t
- how money is printed and minted t
- how bills are circulated, how long they last and how they are disposed of t
- concepts surrounding spending money: credit cards, debit cards, etc.
Canada Close Up titles are informative works of non-fiction geared toward seven- to nine-year-olds. Each book contains an introduction, table of contents, glossary, and full-colour photographs and illustrations throughout.