Easy Everyday Slow Cooker Recipes
Whether cooking for two or serving a crowd, this book makes easy work of creating delicious, soul-satisfying slow cooker meals.
In this gorgeous, full-color book with more than 80 photographs, there are 200 recipes to explore and experiment with, featuring the best of North American regional cuisine, as well as globally inspired dishes from cultures around the world.
Each recipe is created with convenience in mind with a good balance of those that require a few extra minutes of preparation versus others where all the ingredients can be added at once.
Most of the recipes serve from four to eight people and can be adapted to every slow cooker size. There are also many recipes that will suit any family from chapters such as Meals for Two and Big-Batch Dinners. With a bit of advance planning the inspiring recipes in Double-Duty Dinners will turn tonight's dinner into tomorrow's feast, simultaneously banishing that dreaded remark, "...That again?"
Here is just a small sample of the delectable meals for virtually any time or occasion:
- Lentil Soup with Italian Sausage and Greens, Tex-Mex Tomato Rice Soup, Adobe Sweet Potato and Chile Soup, Manhattan Red Clam Chowder, Kale and Chickpea
- Sausage, Spinach and White Bean Stew, Pesto Meatball Stew, Pork Paprikash, Country Italian Beef Stew, Lemony Veal Milanese, North African Chicken Stew
- Holy Mole Chili, White Bean and Toasted Cumin Chili with Lime Cream, Canadian Maple Turkey Chili, Touchdown Beer Chili and Nachos
- Sweet Butter Chicken, Chicken Sausage and Bean Casserole, Chicken in Orange Sesame Sauce, Turkey Bolognese with Spaghetti Squash, Turkey Osso Buco
- Snickerdoodle Cheesecake, Thai Coconut Tapioca Pudding, Almost Cherries Jubilee, Creamy Caramel Blondies, Warm Chocolate Lava Cake.
Chili and Beans
The author also provides throughout the book handy and extensive slow cooker tips and techniques, time savers and general slow cooker know-how.